The Curtain With

Where I post sometimes.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Mars ain't a great place to raise your kids...

For possibly the only time ever i will do a quarter of an entry on my favorite football team, the New York Jets. aka The Red Sox of Football or The Mets With Helmets.

It seems to me that the only big acquisitions this team ever makes is to either get down and out losers or previous violators of the leagues substance abuse policy. I loved that the lead in news story on MSN.com was "Jets sign former Cowboys QB Quincy Carter" Wow. What a sentence. They might as well have titled that "Jets sign former Cowboys QB and current burnout Quincy "I love the pot" Carter" That would have been a title more befitting of the transaction.

Last year their starting defensive tackle Josh Evans was "indefinitely suspended" because he tested positivie for marijuana three times. Since the NFL has a "three strike" rule, he was suspended for the entire season.

Earlier this week the Jets starting defensive end John Abraham failed a random drug test and could be fined up to 700,000. Last year he was arresting for DUI. (or BEING AN IDIOT)

My quibble is that i don't see my favorite team drafting or scouting for players based on character but based on how long it'll take them to land in jail. Es muy mal.


I was gonna write more but i've suddenly been run over by a truck. Beatles entry tomorrow...maybe


4 Comments:

Blogger Taylor said...

I've always wondered what "DUI" stood for.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Tim? said...

You best make that Beatles entry. I cant view this site from my computer OR my sisters now, but Ill try my best.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Yeah Tim this is way harder and way more difficult then i first thought it would be. Gimme a couple days.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Johnny said...

plus, it's cold as hell!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home